Frequently asked questions (FAQs)

1. What types of functions can be executed using the API?

You can place Regular, Cover and Bracket Orders using the Order Execution API. Also you can modify, exit, and convert the Regular orders from Intraday to Deliver/Overnight and Deliver/Overnight to Intraday.

1. Which Exchange does the API use?

The API makes use of NSE/BSE for order executions and accordingly requires specific security IDs.

1. What are the types of products the API Deals with?

Type of products includes: (C/I/B/V/M)

• C = Cash and Carry / Delivery for Equity segment. This is also called CNC.
  • I = Intraday product type can be used for Equity and F&O. This is also called MIS.
  • M = F&O order for overnight/positional. It is also called NRML order.
  • B = Bracket Order product type can be used for Equity and F&O.
  • V = Cover Order product type can be used for Equity and F&O.
  1. What are the Order Types?

They consist of the following:

• LMT - Limit order (order is to be traded at mentioned price),
  • MKT - market order (order is to be traded at market price),
  • SL - Stop loss Limit order
  • SLM - Stop Loss Market order
  1. Do I need to re-login everyday to place an order?

Yes, you need to re-login, in order to get the access token refreshed.

1. What are request and access tokens?

Token is generated only after a valid user login and it is valid only for a defined period of time, after which the token will be invalid/expired. Request token is generated using the API Key and API secret, while the Access token verifies the API Key, API Secret and the respective request token.

1. What are the respective expiries of the access and request tokens?

The Expiry of the tokens are defined for a limited period of time, i.e. 24 hours

1. Where do I find the Master List of all instruments?

You can find the all instrument master in Security Master section

1. How to identify what is the error?

You get an error message on the frontend which self-explains the error. If not, then you can refer to the documentation, and each step has its own set of errors, which can help the user to identify the nature of error.

1. What are the technical skills required to use Paytm Money APIs?

Some general skills that include working with APIs, any programming language.

1. Can we place orders using NSE as an exchange?

Yes. Paytm Money APIs provide the user with NSE and BSE as the exchange.

1. I am facing invalid session or unrecognized token/system or session not found?

Try requesting a new request token, and after that proceed with generating a new Access token, to refresh the tokens and then you can go forward with the order execution.

1. What more can I do using this set of APIs?

You can Place Orders ( Regular, Bracket, Cover ), Get Order Book, Trade Details, Position and Position Details, Funds Summary. Also we provide Scrips and Order Margin Calculator APIs.

1. Do I need to execute all the steps in the Auth Flow to get verified for placing orders?

Yes all the steps need to be followed in order to get verified and validated for executing the orders.

1. What is the difference between a regular order, cover order and a bracket order?

Regular Order = Initial Order [1 Leg]

Cover order = Initial order + stop-loss order [2 Leg]

Bracket order = initial order + stop-loss order + target order [3 Leg]

1. What is the function of Scrips and Order Margin Calculator?

Margin Calculator Is a simplified margin calculator that helps you calculate comprehensive span margin requirements for F&O strategies before you proceed with your trade.

1. What is the difference between Position API and Position_details API?

If any position change happens on your account Paytm Money Platform will raise this event to indicate that position. The Details API describes the changes in the position that occurred.

1 Like